Chulu West Peak Climbing
Chulu West peak climbing is part of the Manang Himal, which is quite rightly included in the larger Damodar Himal, the eastern limit of which runs south from Chako and Peak 6687 in a north-to-south direction along the Hunlung Khola, Nar Khola and Phu Khola. To the south it is bounded by the Marsyangdi Khola and the Mesokanta La. There exists considerable confusion with regard to the name and location of the Chulu peaks and what summit actually constitutes Chulu West and Chulu East, since it is soon becomes apparent to anyone that has climbed in the range that several other summits close by, which are actually part of the Chulu massif, are not indicated on present maps of the area. For the sake of clarification, four summits can be included in the Chulu group, two of which are possible on the permit for Chulu West and two on the Chulu East permit. What is apparent is that the available trekking map is highly misleading.
Beautiful Chulu West Peak ClimbingA climb of one or both of these peaks combined with Nepal's most famous Around the Annapurna trek make up for one of the most spectacular Himalayan trekking and climbing outings. Chulu West.
Chulu West Peak Map from Manang to Summit
Duration: 20 days (Kathmandu to Kathmandu)
Size of Group: 01+
Maximum Hight: 6,419 m
Day 1: arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Beshi Sahar to Syange (1100m)
Day 3: Trek from Syange to Dharapni (2164m)
Day 4: Trek from Dharapni to Chame (2713
Day 5: Trek from Chame to Upper Pisang (3185m)
Day 6: Trek from Upper Pisang to Nawal (3551m)
Day 7: Trek from Ngawal to Manang
Day 8: Acclimatization day at Manang
Day 09: Manang to Ledar (4200m)
Day 10: Manang to Chulu Base Camp 4/5 Hours 4950m. Camping
Day 11: Chulu West Base Camp to High Camp (5600m) Camping
Day 12: Chulu West Base Camp to high Camp 4/5 hours 5200m. Camping
Day 13: Rest Day for Acclimatization at high camp and training Climbing train Camping
Day 14: High Camp to Chulu West Summit 6450m. And 10/11 Hours long day and return base Camp. Camping
Day 15: Chulu West Base Camp to Ledar good bye for all Climbing guide and all Kitchen staff.
Day 16: Ledar to Thorong Fedi 5/6 hours 4400m.
Day 17: Thorong fedi to Muktinath 8/9 hours 5410m.
Day 18: Muktinath to Marpha 6/7 hour 2700m.
Day 19: Marpha to Pokhara (820m) by Local Jeep or Express 9/10 Hrs.
Day 20: Explore day Pokhara sight in Pokhara
Day 21: Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
Day 22: Final Departure at international
- All Airports pick up and drop.
- Local Ground transport
- 2 nights your standard hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 2 nights your standard hotel in Pokhara.
- Kathmandu to Beshisahar by Express bus and Beshisahar to Syange by Local Jeep
- Marpha to Pokhara by Local Express Bus or Jeep
- Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Tourist s standard lodges/ tea-houses in mountain during the trek.
- All 3 meals per day during the trek [B+L+D] and a cup of tea with every meal.
- $ 500 Garbage Deposit
- Climbing Guide insurance per Person $ 300 if group size 4/5 Person 2 Sherpa
- Climbing Equipment as Rope, Snow Bar and necessary
- 3 night Full Camping Base Camp & high camp summit to Chulu West
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS )
- A medical supplies (first aid kit will be available)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal Visa fee ( Nepal provides on arrival visa in Immigration, bring accurate USD cash and two passport photographs,)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu
- Extra Sightseeing Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Personal Climbing Equeptment as Climbing Boots, Ice axe, Helpmate
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain(due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Extra calculate for additional programs as per above itinerary. o Travel and rescue insurance.
- Local donation & Tips for guides and porters.
- Personal expenses (Pot of tea, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)